Thai Mango Fried Rice
It’s one thing to make healthy meals ….it’s another thing to get them to like it. This was a success on both accounts (phew)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Clove Minced Garlic
1 Tsp Chili garlic sauce or Sriracha
¼ Cup Raw Cashews
½ Cup Shredded Coconut, Unsweetened
2 Tsp Coconut Sugar or other
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar1 large Mango, Diced
14 Grape Tomatoes, Halved
1 Cup Cabbage, (or Bok Choy), Chopped
1 Cup Bean Sprouts
4 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
¼ Cup Cilantro Leaves
4 Each Lime Wedge
12 oz Tofu or 1 lb chicken
1. Combine, sugar, fish sauce, soy and vinegar in a small bowl; dissolve sugar.
2. Heat wok or sauté pan over a medium high flame.
3. Heat the oil until shimmering, add garlic and quickly fry in the oil. Do not brown or it will become bitter.
4. Add cashews and coconuts to the pan and lightly toast.
5. Add the rice and begin to stir fry the rice
6. Stir fry for 1 minute
7. Add mango, tomatoes, chili sauce, cabbage and bean sprouts to the pan and stir fry for another 30 seconds to
wilt cabbage and heat mango through.
8. Pour the combined sauce over the top of the rice and stir fry for an additional 5-10 seconds; make sure
sauce is evenly distributed throughout the rice.
9. Serve rice in a bowl topped with tofu (or chicken), cilantro leaves and a lime
Chop the tofu or chicken into 1″ cubes. Marinate for 30 min in:
Juice from half a lime
1 tbs rice vinegar
2 tbs mirin or cooking wine
1 clove of minced garlic
Drain off the marinade and Cook in a frying pan while the rice is cooking